Red, White, and Blue Rice krispies Treats. These will be perfect for the 4th Of July!
The Fourth of July is quickly approaching, and if you’re like me you’re already planning your menu and planning your eventful night. We’re already planning our evening of fireworks, burgers, and treats! Unlike last year, my menu will be more simple because I’m actually working a 12 hour shift on the fourth( y’all pray for meeeeeee!). I’m not grilling up any ribs, nor am I making a huge variety of desserts, I’m keeping it simple- but it will still be fabulous!
One of the amazingly delicious and easy desserts that will be on my menu will be rice krispies treats. Not just any rice krispies, but red white and blue rice krispies treats! Not only are these treats totally adorable, and easy to make, but they are darn right delicious. I mean, who doesn’t like rice krispies treats?! Another thing that I love about these treats are, that they don’t require a whole lot of heat. I won’t have to worry about heating up the house while making thee babies, and if you ask me- that’s a plus! But wait, it gets even better. These red white and blue rice krispies treats are totally budget friendly to make.
Here are some tips to make these cute affordable treats
- I used the name brand Rice Krispies Treats, because they were on sale. You CAN use a generic rice cereal.
- The food coloring I used was a liquid food coloring. I bought it from the Dollar Tree, and it came in a pack of four.
- Use generic marshmallows. I bought my marshmallow from the Dollar Tree as well!
- Use real butter for your treats, don’t bother using margarine. In my opinion- It just doesn’t taste the same. :-X
- Make sure you layer everything evenly for appearance sake.
- Let the rice krispies treat cool before cutting them.
Watch the video down below and see how I made these treats, and don’t forget to print out the recipe 🙂