how to make the best homemade creamy cheesy macaroni and cheese in the Crock-Pot!
So many of you loved my soul food and southern baked macaroni and cheese recipes! As I mentioned many times, I have 100s of recipes for mac and cheese. During the holidays, so many of you asked if I had a recipe for macaroni and cheese that could be made in the slow cooker. A few of you even asked if I could make a macaroni and cheese that required less expensive, and easier to find cheeses. I actually do have a bargain friendly Crock-Pot macaroni and cheese recipe! I can’t believe that it’s taken me this long to upload it, but I guess it’s better late than never right?
Anyhow for this recipe you will need a few basic ingredients. All to the ingredients that I use for this macaroni and cheese can be found at your local grocery store. This recipe will feed about 10 people, and it cost under $10 to make ( if you’re a bargain shopper like I am!).
The most expensive ingredients were the cheeses. I kept it real simple and I used sharp cheddar, and colby cheese. I bought the cheeses in blocks instead of pre shredded because. I find that when you shred your own cheese, it melts better. If you want to use pre shredded cheese, you can – but I highly recommend shredding it yourself for a creamier cheesier macaroni and cheese.
Watch my video tutorial for this recipe!
- 3 cups UNCOOKED elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup colby cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 & ¾ cup half & half
- 15 oz can Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese condensed soup
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika ( smoked or plain)
- Combine the half & half with the cheddar cheese soup, and mix until it's nice and smooth.
- Next, sprinkle in the paprika and black pepper, and mix.
- Pour the elbow macaroni and cheese into the crock pot, half of the shredded cheddar & colby, the cut butter, and half & half/ cheddar soup mixture.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Top off with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Put the lid on top of the slow cooker, then set the slow cooker on low.
- Let cook for 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!