How to make the creamiest most flavorful mashed potatoes!
Hey y’all! Turkey day is in two days and I almost forgot to share my recipe for mashed potatoes!! What in the world was I thinking? Anyway – this recipe is super easy, so let’s get right into to it!
Watch the tutorial
- 6 - 8 medium sized russet potatoes( washed, peeled, and chopped)
- ½ cup half & half (or ¼ cup milk and ¼ cup cream)
- 6 tbsp butter, salted
- 32 oz chicken broth
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, shredded or or grated
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Parsley flakes ( optional)
- place the chopped potatoes into a large pot them pour in the chicken broth.
- Boil the potatoes over high heat until they are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Toss 4 tbsp of butter into a large sauce pan, and melt it over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the potatoes, and mash them.
- Pour in the half & half, and mix.
- Sprinkle in the salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle in the parmesan cheese, and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Put the mashed potatoes into your desired serving dish, and top it of with 2 tbsp of butter, and parsley flakes(optional).
- Serve and enjoy!