Hello my friends! I have a delicious steak taco recipe for you to enjoy, and it will take you under 30 minutes to make it! That INCLUDES the prepping and cooking. In this post I’m going to show you how to make amazingly delicious and easy steak tacos topped with queso!
For this recipe I use very few ingredients. All you need is some corn tortillas, a lil bit of oil, steak, green onions, queso fresco, and salsa!
The steak that I used was flank iron steak, which can be a little pricey. However, it’s always super tender! If you’d like to use a different steak, that’s fine! I do suggest using a nice cut though ( or you’ll have some tough tacos!)
- 2 lbs flank iron steak, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp my taco seasoning or your favorite
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- ¼ cup vegetable oil ( to fry the tortillas)
- ½ cup crumbled Queso Fresco
- ½ cup green onions, diced
- ½ cup salsa, your favorite
- Toss the steak into a large bowl, then drizzle the olive oil all over the steak.
- Sprinkle in the taco seasoning, then stir.
- Place a pan over medium heat, then cook the steak to your preference.
- Remove the meat from the pan, then add in the green onions.
- Cook the onions for about 1 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Pour ¼ cup of vegetable oil into the pan, and let it get nice and hot.
- Once hot, fry the tortillas until golden, and crisp.
- Remove the tortillas from the oil, and place on a paper towel lined cookie sheet.
- Stuff the tortilla/ taco shells with the steak.
- Top the tacos off with the green onions, salsa, and queso fresco.