The BEST Sirloin Kabobs that you will ever make and eat!
Hey friends!! I have another grilled recipe for you ( who’s surprised?!)! In this post I’m going to show you how to make kabobs ( or kebabs depending on where you live). I’m not making you’re plain old boring kabobs, I’m making Grilled Sirloin Steak Kabobs with sweet peppers, and onions. It sounds delicious doesn’t it? And guess what? Even the most “challenged” cook / griller, can make these, because this is a super easy recipe!!
Since these are SIRLOIN kabobs, of course sirloin is needed. Make sure you remove all of the excess fat, but not all of the fat. Leave a thin layer of fat on the kabobs. The fat will add flavor and keep the steak juicy. I used a variety of sweet bell peppers: orange, red, yellow, and green. I love colorful food, but if you would like to use one type of pepper, that will be fine. I used wooden kabob/skewer sticks and before I assemble the kabobs I soaked the sticks for 30 minutes. Soaking the wooden sticks prevent the sticks from burning while grilling. Speaking of grilling- if you do not have a outdoor grill you can certainly grill these kabobs on a indoor grill, or in a grill pan. If you’re using a grill pan make sure that the heat is set on medium high. A few things to know
- In the video I used my gas grill. Of course you can use a charcoal grill as well.
- You do NOT have to use the same steak seasoning that I used. Use whatever steak seasoning that you want to use.
- I grilled the steak until it was medium rare. If you like your steak well done, grill it longer.
Here’s the recipe
- 2 lbs petite sirloin steak, cubed
- 1 large green bell pepper,chopped
- 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp steak seasoning
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- If using wooden kabobs sticks, soak them in water for about 30 minutes, prior to assembly the kabobs.
- Toss the cubed steak, onions, and peppers into a large bowl.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, and worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle in the steak seasoning.
- Use your hands, or kitchen utensil to toss everything.
- Assemble the kabobs ( I started with peppers, onions, then the steak).
- I seared the kabobs on my infrared side burner ( if you don’t have one skip the step)
- Grill the kabobs for about 8 minutes ( the kabobs will be medium rare).
- SERVE & Enjoy