Homemade easy shepards pie made with ground beef, frozen mixed vegetables, and a homemade brown gravy!
I have a simple shepards pie recipe that will simply blow your socks off! I use plain ol’ ground beef, frozen mixed veggies, cheesy mashed potatoes, and I make a simple gravy!
I keep it real basic when it comes to the seasonings. I just use salt, pepper, and garlic powder. No fancy stuff is needed!
I make homemade mashed potatoes for this recipe, however, you can use instant mashed potatoes if you’re pushing for time( I have before, and everyone still loved it!)
This recipe is really easy, so no need for me to go on. Check out how I made this easy beef shepards pie
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ cup chicken or beef broth
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese ( your preference)
- Brown the ground beef over medium heat, then drain the fat.
- Toss in the chopped onion, and stir.
- Next add in the mixed vegetables, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the all purpose flour, and stir.
- Pour in the chicken broth, stir, and let cook for until a gravy forms.
- Turn off the heat.
- Combine the mashed potatoes and cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Spray a 9x13 with nonstick spray.
- Add half of the mashed potato mixture in the bake dish, and spread.
- Next add all of the meat , and vegetable mixture, and spread over the mashed potatoes.
- Add the remaining mashed potatoes on top of the meat & veggie layer, and spread.
- Bake, uncovered, in the oven on 350 F for about 25-30 minutes.ai
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!